Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Machines by Chris Oxlade


Author: Chris Oxlade
Consultant: Graham Peacock
Genre: Non-Fiction
Awards: None
Grade(s): 3rd-5th

Summary: This book is an informational and educational book about machines, what they are, and the different types. The book is sectioned off into 29 different sections that go into detail about levers, wheels, axles, ramps, wedges, screws, planes, pulleys, gears, power, engines, motors, home machines, work machines, farm machines and the future of machines. Each section is detailed and includes experiments that can be done in the classroom or at home.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed going through this book because I felt like it offered a lot for me as a teacher. There is so much to learn from this book, but there is also so much to do in the way of experimenting. I could definitely see myself using this book during science lessons and even letting students use it to learn certain things about a particular science experiment they are working on. I think this book will be a wonderful and fun book to add to my classroom library!!

No comments:

Post a Comment