Thursday, November 9, 2017

Hide!!! by Jeff Foxworthy


Author: Jeff Foxworthy
Illustrator: Steve Björkman
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Awards: Mother's Choice Award
Grade(s): Pre-K - 2nd

Summary: Hide!!! is a fun, interactive book that is about a group of children who were stuck inside on a rainy Saturday. When the rain finally stopped, they decided to play hide-and-seek. As the book progresses, it describes each child's hiding spot and why they chose that spot. Also, each page becomes more and more filled with hiding spots, making it difficult for the seeker to find her friends. As all of the children were waiting for Rachel Green to find them, it started to pour down rain again and all of the children had to run inside. Except for one child, Tommy Smith, who had chosen to hide in a dog house and was "dry as a bone."

My Thoughts: This book is fun and I would use it in my classroom in many different ways. Since this book rhymes, using it in a rhyming lesson would be one way. Additionally, this book is interactive and each page asks you to find a small list of things on that page. I feel like I could use this during an interactive read-aloud or with a small group of students to find each item on each page. I cannot wait to add this to my collection of books for my classroom library!!

No comments:

Post a Comment