Thursday, September 28, 2017

Illustrated Treasury of Aesop's Fables by Miles Kelly


Author: Miles Kelly
Illustrators: Melanie Mikecz, Frank Endersby, Marco Furlotti, Jan Lewis, Natalie Hinrichsen, Tamsin Hinrichsen, Marcin Piwowarsk
Genre: Traditional Literature
Awards: None
Grade(s): 1-4

Summary: This book is a 384 page collection of stories that have been around for many generations. Although the illustrations and publishing of this book is fairly new, Aesop's fables have been told for many years. Aesop's fables are believed to be some of the first stories that were written for children and each story contains a valuable lesson for children to learn. Some of the more popular/recognized stories contained in this book are: The Lion and the Mouse, The Hare and the Tortoise, The Wolf and the Lamb, The Dog and his Reflection, and The Boy who Cried Wolf.

My Thoughts: I have grown up listening to a number of Aesop's fables. My parents and my teachers used many of these stories to teach myself and my peers valuable life lessons. This treasury is definitely something I will have in my classroom in hopes of passing down the same lessons that were taught to me. The copy of this book in particular will become a great resource in my classroom. It is large and the illustrations are captivating. I can see this book something that is easily loved by my students and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment