Thursday, September 28, 2017

Chicken Little Retold By Ronne Randall


Author: Ronne Randall
Illustrator: Nicola Evans
Genre: Traditional Literature
Awards: None
Grade(s): K-1

Summary: Chicken Little was walking down the street when an acorn fell out of a tree and hit him in the head. He didn't know what had happened, but then he assumed that the sky was falling. To Chicken Little, this was a big deal so he had to run to tell the king. On the way to tell the king, Chicken Little runs into his friends Goosey Loosey, Drakey Lakey, Ducky Lucky, Cocky Lucky, Henny Penny, and Turkey Lurkey. They all decide that they want to go with him to tell the king. However, Chicken Little and his friends run into Foxy Loxy who makes a good point that none of them know how to get to the king's palace. They all agree to allow Foxy Loxy to show them the way to the king's palace. Foxy Loxy ends up having other plans and leads them all to his den where his family is waiting to eat them!! Chicken Little and his friends try to hurry away as fast as they can and they never get to tell the king that the sky was falling.

My Thoughts: Like The Three Billy Goats Gruff, Chicken Little was also one of my favorite stories. This book will most definitely be included in my classroom library!! At a young age, this book taught me to be careful with who I trust. Although I would want my students to stay as young and naive for as long as possible, I know that is not possible and I think this book teaches a valuable lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment